This is a dope analysis of music sampling networks by Justin Tran:
It's an academic paper that gets into nitty gritty math although if that's not your cup of tea the author provides a slide deck summary and a single page poster.
I struggled with the higher level math concepts but the full paper is truly worth a read for the paper's in-depth commentary, analsyis and conclusions.
The paper relies on ~30,000 uniformly chosen samples from WhoSampled's 300,000 sample library, some topics explored include:
• Intra sample vs inter genre sampling
• Specific sampled elements (vocals, bass lines, drum beats, etc.)
• Different measurements of influence
• "Does Hip-Hop sample music more often than other genres?"
• "Did "Grand Upright Music Ltd. v. Warner Bros. Records Inc." slow the sampling trend?"
Definitely check it out as well as the Reddit thread for further discussion and some Q&A with the author.